2017 CHEESE CLASSES
We love to talk cheese almost as much as we like to eat it. Maybe it’s just us, but the whole cheese-making process, and the stories behind the makers, is udderly (sorry) fascinating. The theme changes from month to month, but most classes feature about 5 cheeses paired with one wine (or beer, or honey, or...you get the idea). Our classes for 2016 are finished but have no fear, we will resume cheese classes in February 2017. We will post our 2017 calendar at the beginning of January.
CHEESE & WINE GET TOGETHERS
Looking for a fun way to spend an afternoon while enjoying cheese & wine? Our lovely mountain-view patio is available for pre-arranged Cheese & Wine Get Togethers from 3pm - 6pm, Monday thru Saturday, to do just that! For as few as 6 people & up to 10, you and your friends can enjoy three themed cheeses, each of which will be paired with a bottle of wine. Starting at a flat rate of $250, the following is included:
- 3 plated cheeses with dried fruits & nuts + sliced baguette
- 3 bottles of paired wines from our selection
- 15 - 20 minute presentation by Kathryn, Michael or one of our knowledgeable cheese mongers about the cheeses and wines
- Appetizer plates, napkins & water (still or sparkling available)
- Exclusive use of our communal table on our mountain view patio for 2 hours
- Should you want to add on a few more platters, we can easily do that! Visit our catering page to see the options available.
- Celebrating a special occasion? You can also order desserts or a cake to be served after your cheese! Visit our Bakery page to view our cake menu.
Have more than 10 people? We do rent out our patio area for groups. It starts at $225 for 2.5 hours and there are several food & beverage options available through our cafe or catering department. The patio currently seats 18 people comfortably and is available 7 days a week. To view our catering & platter options, please click here. And if this is a celebration, we can also supply a custom cake for you! Please click here to view our current cake offerings and pricing.
For additional questions or to inquire about rental dates, please contact Kathryn.
A FULl EVENING OF Cheese & Wine
Need a fun event for a group of 12-25? Well, our private cheese & wine classes are a unique and delicious option. Starting at $65/person, our private classes include 3 cheese "flights" with 3 cheeses and one wine per flight. The fourth & final flight is typically a blue cheese followed by handmade chocolates paired with a dessert wine. But really, we can customize any private class menu to your desire. Private classes typically last 2-3 hours with a 30-minute intermission where we serve salad & charcuterie. For more details, please contact Kathryn.
Cheese Around Town
In addition to classes in the shop, we're often doing different tastings and events around town or in Santa Ynez Valley with various wineries. We'll post upcoming events in 2017 as they get scheduled!